Looking for a quick comparision of our standard sign materials?
Click the links below to jump to the material you are interested in:
Aluminum and Steel Sign Coating Systems
Pressure Sensitive Vinyl Signs and Decals
Removable Vinyl Signs and Decals
Glow Vinyl Signs
Reflective Vinyl Decals
Additional Custom Substrates
Still have questions? Contact our expert staff.
- Weighing only 1/2lb. per square ft., LxSigns® withstand more than 200 ft. lbs. of impact, with a tensile strength of 9,000 PSI.
- A proprietary surface treatment on the face side provides protection against ultra violet radiation yellowing for at least 5 years.
- Heat and cold resistant, withstanding exposure to extreme temperatures from -30°F. to 250°F, with no deterioration of the molecular structure of the material, and no change in appearance, shape or performance.
- Dimensional stability, with no permanent shrinkage or dimensional changed due to thermal expansion and contraction.
- Meets U.L. requirements for electrical conductivity.
- Rustproof and impervious to salt spray
- Remains stable even after bullet damage-bullets may penetrate, but there is nothing exposed which will deteriorate from the elements
Available in a variety of thicknesses, all Stonehouse Signs Aluminum Signs use an aluminum alloy that exceeds the industry standard specification for aluminum sheet and is specifically selected for sign fabrication.
- Chromate conversion coated for superior paint adhesion and weatherability.
- Available in a variety of thicknesses from .025" to 0.125" for every application from small aluminum tags to large modular sign systems. The thickness required usually relates to sign size and mounting application.
The paints and screen process colors used on our steel and aluminum signs are engineered to look good for a long time. Superior outdoor weatherability is achieved with a perfect marriage of substrate, base coat and screen printed message, all baked to produce a high performance ‘coating system’ that will perform indoors or outdoors for years to come.
A Stonehouse Signs' PolySign is durable, lightweight, and economical. The High Density Polyethylene (HDPe) signs are offered in .125" & .075” thicknesses. Our .075 Polysign is thicker than most other economy polyethylene signs.
- Rust & corrosion proof
- UV protected
- Remains flexible at low temperatures
Stonehouse Signs uses a high gloss flexible vinyl with a permanent acrylic adhesive for our Vinyl Decals. They are easy to install, and have a great service life.
- Permanent acrylic adhesive will perform 5-7 years when exposed to the outdoor elements.
- Our self-adhesive products can be mounted on any flat, clean surface. We even slit the backing liner for easy application.
For nighttime or low light applications we offer reflective decals with self-adhesive backing. Just peel the release liner and press into place. You now have an identification product that can easily be located day or night, in light or dark.
- Three mil transparent PVC film with matte surface; glossy surface available upon request.
- Water based removable adhesive has expected outdoor life of 4 years and leaves no residue if applied under normal conditions.
- Material is suitable for a full color printing or spot color screen printing.
- Removable Vinyl Signs can be produced in any size and dimension up to 30”x96”. Professional installation recommended for larger size sign requests.
**Our Removable Vinyl material can be used for many of our signs, but is not shown as a stock option and is considered a custom order. Please contact us for pricing, suitability and availability.**
Stonehouse Signs' Glow Vinyl absorbs and stores ambient light so that it glows brightly during emergency situations.
- DIN 67510 and IMO-Resolution A. 752 (18) compliant, photoluminescent, self-adhesive flexible glow vinyl
- Works as well in normal light conditions as it does in the dark.
- Ideal for emergency evacuation and fire safety signage
- After 8 hours in full darkness, it still emits a luminance that measures 100 times the visibility limit of the human eye.
Not Recommended for Outdoor Use. UV light will deteriorate the photoluminescence.
Available in 18, 20, and 30 gauge, a Stonehouse steel sign is perfect when you need a durable sign with magnetic properties.
- Recommended for indoor use only
- Should be mounted on a flat, rigid surface such as a wall or door
18 or 20 gauge
- Medium duty
- Indoor or outdoor use
- Electro-galvanized surface treatment provides good paint adhesion and corrosion resistance
- Rigid enough for post mounting in sizes up to 12 inches in width
**Our Steel material can be used for many of our signs, but is not shown as a stock option and is considered a custom order. Please contact us for pricing, suitability and availability.**
Stonehouse magnetic sheeting is a great choice for applications where signs are changed out regularly, or places where mounting a sign with standard mounting materials is difficult.
- Sticks to ferrous metal surfaces
- Easy installation
- Good choice for changeable signs
**Our Magnetic material can be used for many of our signs, but is not shown as a stock option and is considered a custom order. Please contact us for pricing, suitability and availability.**
For increased visibility at night, we apply reflective sheeting to aluminum or other rigid substrates. The result is a distinctive looking sign that performs as well at night as it does during the day. All of our reflective materials retain their brilliance even when wet or when viewed at wide observation angles.
Transparent screen process colors are used to maintain the integrity of the colors on the sign during nighttime use.
Stonehouse Signs offers 3 different grades of reflective sheeting, ranging from ‘bright’ to ‘brilliant’, many of which comply with the Department of Transportation’s Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD) for highway signage.
Please specify the reflectivity you desire or require when placing your order. Additional charges may apply.
Engineering grade reflective sheeting
The most economical reflective material we offer. This sheeting is a "Flat-top" wide angle material that recommended for commercial and non-critical traffic signs.
High intensity reflective sheeting
High intensity grade reflects approximately three times more light than our standard reflective sheeting and boasts an impressive ten year outdoor life. All standard traffic signs are offered in high intensity reflective material to adhere to changes in the MUTCD laws that are effective starting in January 2010.
Diamond grade reflective sheeting
Diamond grade delivers the best possible performance at any sight distance. Its optical elements return almost 60 percent of available light to drivers, which is significantly higher than any other reflective material offered.
- A pre-slit release liner for a quick installation makes Stonehouse vinyl signs and decals easy to apply.
- Reflective vinyl retains its brilliance even when wet or when viewed at wide observation angles.
- Expect an extended service life, especially when the sign or lettering isn't exposed to the elements. Indoors, you can expect the graphic to remain vibrant and durable for even longer.
**Our Reflective Vinyl material can be used for many of our signs, but is not shown as a stock option and is considered a custom order. Please contact us for pricing, suitability and availability.**
- There’s no need to worry about rust- since a fiberglass sign doesn’t contain any metal, it’s completely rustproof.
- Since fiberglass is non-conductive, it's perfect for any application where electricity is involved.
- Fiberglass is also Chemical & Abrasion resistant- it holds up in adverse conditions.
**Our Fiberglass material can be used for many of our signs, but is not shown as a stock option and is considered a custom order. Please contact us for pricing, suitability and availability.**
Porcelain enamel has a surface with the hardness of glass combined with the strength and rigidity of steel. It provides a multitude of advantages to give it one of the longest service lives of any of our substrates.
- A porcelain sign has tremendous chemical resistance, and is unaffected by practically all acids, chemicals and solvents.
- Scratching and abrasion isn’t a problem- porcelain even resists a steel blade.
- It can withstand temperatures as high as 1000 and as low as -200 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Porcelain enamel is also weather resistant (including ultraviolet light, condensation, precipitation and salt air), vandal resistant, and non-conductive.
**Our Porcelain material can be used for many of our signs, but is not shown as a stock option and is considered a custom order. Please contact us for pricing, suitability and availability.**
Stonehouse Signs has the capability to print on virtually any material. Our expert staff will help you evaluate your project and application and recommend a substrate that maximizes the life and appearance of your sign.
Below are some examples of substrates that Stonehouse works with, but you’re not limited to the items on this list. Contact one of our expert staff for any questions or special requests you may have.
- Expanded Rigid PVC
- Heavy Duty Foam Board
- Aluminum Composite Material
- Fluted Polypropylene
- Wood Products, including:
o Medium Density Overlay (MDO)
o High Density Overlay (HDO)
o Aluminum-Bonded Overlay